We Love Your Brain!
Nutcase Helmets is all about making helmets fun and safe. Whether you are skiing, skating, riding, paddling or zipping around on your scooter or motorcycle, Nutcase Helmets takes pride in creating a helmet for every personality!
Engaging in cycling, skating, snow sports and many other outdoor activities is a fun way to get the most out of life. In many countries, it is the law for certain ages to wear a helmet for certain activities, such as bicycle riding or ski sports.
Many people choose to protect their brains with a helmet regardless of what the law states.
Outdoor activities are fun and safe for many people. However, many activities also involve some degree of risk. Bicycle-related injuries, for example, do not always have to involve traffic or collisions with cars. They can occur in isolation or may involve other bicycles, pedestrians or bystanders. They may simply be accidental, circumstantial or unlucky! Falls and riding injuries are common and often unreported. A helmet can help prevent more serious damage to limbs or brain injury, especially among children.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention provides information about common bicycle injuries click here.
For your state and local laws for bicycle helmets, click here.
To find out about ski helmet safety, click here.
According to Colleen Coggins, Chief Information Officer for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: “Bicycle helmets are the single most effective piece of equipment to reduce head injuries in the event of a crash.”
In general, children should not ride in bike seats or trailers until they can support themselves and the weight of a helmet. Teach your children about bike, board, water and helmet safety as soon as possible!
- U.S. CPSC Safety Standard – Helmets used for cycling for Persons Age 5 and Older (Bike, Little Nutty, Skate and Little Nutty Snow & Bike)
- ASTM F1492 Safety Standard – Helmets used for Skateboarding and Trick Roller Skating (Skate).
- ASTM F2040 Safety Standard – Helmet for Recreational Snow Sports (Snow and Little Nutty Snow & Bike)
- CE EN 1385 Safety Standard – Helmet for Canoeing and Whitewater Sports (Water)
- DOT FMVSS No. 218 Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets (Moto)